I had more photos from Kanazawa in the roll of film I just had developed so here they are.

The bottom four photos are taken at a lovely little shop/cafe called Collabon which is run by two local artists. There are some shops like it in Kanazawa but this one had the most welcome atmosphere of all. I had a cute company too ;)

I can't stop thinking about the wooden tray in the last photo which was seen at another shop in Kanazawa. I will try if I can get it somehow.


I bought 2 types of really cute japanese vintage papers at this shop. I thought they are made locally, but were actually from Yonagado 夜長堂 from Osaka. Their beautiful papers are also sold at keibunsha.
Collabon
1-4 Yasue-cho Kanazawa-Shi
Ishikawa Prefecture 920-0854
PH: 076-265-6273
11:00 - 20:00 / Closed on Tuesdays

9 comments

  1. this is so lovely. i really hope i get to come to japan in december. if i do, i will be fervently referencing your blog for ideas on where to go!

    oh! btw, i'm the administrator for a group called "do u haiku" on flickr. you can find it here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1168520@N22/

    we post photos with haikus, if you have any interest in joining us. take care *

    ReplyDelete
  2. tifanie,
    If your time in japan will be just a little extra enjoyable because of my blog I will be more than happy! And I do hope you get to come to japan.

    oh and thank you for the "do u haiku" link, it's a really cool idea. I've joined the group! I don't know if my English is good enough to be able to make good English haiku but I will try!! Arigato ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello.is this shop also near the museum? in the same street as the one you mentioned in the previous post?looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello melindatrees,
    No this shop is not in the street near the museum I mentioned before. It's near the Omicho Food Market in the center of Kanazawa city. I don't know if you read Japanese but here is the link to google map: http://maps.google.co.jp/maps/ms?hl=ja&gl=jp&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=113359784460254977351.000449f9afd14f6cac64c&ll=36.573406,136.655459&spn=0,0&source=embed

    ReplyDelete
  5. That top photograph is my favorite. I never tire of what you share of Japan. Always beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi lovepics,
    Isn't it lovely? I've found out that there is a shop near where I live that sell this tray so I will go see it soon!

    hi alexandria,
    what a sweet thing to be said!!!! it encourages me so much, thank you i really appreciate that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. thankyou, i will try visit there this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

your kind words are always welcome and appreciated! arigato :)

Instagram