いつも、花のこと。 ("itsumo hana no koto" translates: Always, about flowers) is a beautiful book by a flower stylist Kazumi Hirai of ikanika which has been recently published. ikanika is my favourite cafe near Jiyugaoaka which Kazumi san and her husband own, and it is also used as an atelier where Kazumi san gives flower arrangement classes. The modest and delicate way she always present flowers at ikanika is so welcoming and really lovely. So when I asked Kazumi san if she could do my wedding flowers and when she happily accepted, I was really thrilled! She is such a lovely lady so sweet and gentle with some hidden powerful energy, just like her flowers.

The following are some left over flowers from the wedding I enjoyed at home afterward. The autumn hydrangeas are still looking pretty now and they make me smile :)

秋アジサイ
ちいさな花

秋アジサイ

14 comments

  1. beautiful flowers!! I think you chose the right person to do the flowers for you wedding. Very special.
    And I like you nails 笑!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. what beautiful flowers for your wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the simplicity of the flower arrangements, it lets the natural beauty of the flowers shine through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book looks lovely, it's on my wish list now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are so lovely!
    and the book looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the flowers are beautiful... and those hanging vases are a dream!!! I want a couple for my apartment! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. how pretty! i love the hanging flowers. and your painted pails are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really, really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sundari, Jennifer, shelf appeal, Elisabelle, Random Elephant, Joanna M., THANK YOU! The book is indeed beautiful and her flower arrangement is really lovely!
    Thank you sekimachihato and Melanie for noticing my nails ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a pretty book. i like all the photographs in there.
    and also your cute nails. hehe

    i like what you did with the left over wedding flowers!
    this weekend i am going to a wedding and i am one of the groomsman! i am so nervous because i have to give a speech!! i will let you know how it goes hiki-san :-)
    hope i can take photos and do a post on it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Last week, I've discovered an japanese bookshop in Brussels, I will try to find this beautiful book !

    ReplyDelete
  12. this book looks lovely ... and your flowers too !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aron, ah you noticed my nails too, he he arigato-- ;)
    how was your friend's wedding? i bet your speech moved the bride and groom and made everyone smile :) love to see the photos!

    Marie, unfortunately this book seems to have been all sold out in japan! hope it has flown over to Brussels!

    isabelle, thank you, it's my favourite book now just love looking at the photographs in it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello hiki -- i came across your blog tonight and I love your photo style ! this book looks so lovely, could you provide me with the ISBN please ? (I'd be interested to buy it)
    thank you ! i'l sure visit again !

    ReplyDelete

your kind words are always welcome and appreciated! arigato :)

Instagram